In our efforts to provide you with the best possible service, All Blessings desires to provide our families with adoption resources, including adoption financing options, adoption support, and adoption preparation resources.
We feel strongly that the more information you have on adoption, the more prepared you will be in your adoption journey. Below you will find a list of external links which may be beneficial for your family as you research your adoption process further. ABI does not share an affiliation with these organizations, and we do not “refer” families to these resources, but the resources listed have been utilized by ABI clients and found to be beneficial to those clients. We will add to this list as we find more sites that we feel can benefit you.
RESOURCES AND INFORMATION:
- Adoption Finance Coach – Assistance with grant seeking, fundraising, and financing your adoption.
- International Adoption Training Program – Hague compliant training and education specifically geared towards international adoption.
- National Council For Adoption
- A Mother’s Love: Adoption & Infertility Fundraising
- Orphan Doctor – Dr. Jane Aronson’s site about medical and developmental issues affecting adopted children
- Guide Star Grant Resources
- Adoption.com – largest adoption site on the Internet
- Some Recommended Books:
- The Connected Child
- The Whole-Brain Child
- Adopting the Hurt Child
- Real Parents, Real Children
- 20 Things Adopted Kids Wish Their Adoptive Parents Knew
- The Post Adoption Blues
- Adoption LifeBook
- Being Adopted: The Lifelong Search for Self
- Resources 4 adoption – extensive listing of adoption funding resources
- From HIV to home – information, support, and advocacy for adoptive families of HIV+ children
- Realistic Expectations: The First Year Home – an amazing FREE 50 page collection of invaluable articles, tools, and resources
- The American Academy of Pediatrics – Comprehensive Health Evaluation of the Newly Adopted Child
- Attachment/Parenting/Training Resources:
- General Resources:
You’ve got “money questions,”
and we have the answers.
The #1 barrier to a child having a loving and permanent family, is money. Adoption financing can be expensive – at All Blessings, we are committed to helping answer all of your money questions through the innovative service, The Adoption Finance Coaching System.
Our team of adoption financing coaches will help you create a comprehensive financial plan that matches your adoption plan.
We know financial hardship can deter the best of families… but don’t give up!
Our team at ABI, along with our experienced adoption finance coaches are here to help you. We believe this unique service is vital in keeping families financially stable throughout the adoption process.
We don’t want our families to be concerned about how to create a financial plan for their adoption – with the Adoption Finance Coaching services — you don’t have to go through this alone!
The Adoption Finance Coaching System has been a huge support for us during our adoption.
Their expertise in planning and organizing events that support families in the adoption process is invaluable!
We were overwhelmed by the details and intimidated to ask friends and family to financially assist us, but they showed us how to pull it all together and raise funds with grace. Doors opened to fund raising possibilities that we did not know existed.
— Dena and Eric Edmunds
We are incredibly excited to announce that on February 29, 2008, we received Hague Accreditation through the Council on Accreditation (COA). This accreditation will allow us to continue our mission of Finding Families for All of God’s Children.
View our accreditation certificate.
As a Hague Accredited Agency, we are required to provide certain specific information to clients upon initial contact. In order to maintain compliance with the Intercountry Adoption Act and Hague Regulations we are providing all prospective clients the following information:
Domestic Supervised Providers
- Is the agency Hague Accredited or pursuing Hague Accreditation?
- Is the agency licensed and non-profit?
- What is the agency’s general reputation?
- Is the agency willing to sign an agreement with us attesting to their compliance with Hague standards?
- Is the agency a member of NCFA and/or other professional organizations?
- How many years has the agency been in business?
We will also be requiring that any agency we utilize as a Supervised Provider or an Exempt Provider be licensed, non-profit and carry professional liability insurance.
Foreign Supervised Providers
Families are required to sign a Waiver of Liability and a Business Agreement when starting to work with ABI. At the time of referral acceptance families must sign a Statement of Acceptance and Responsibility. Samples of all of these documents are available on this page. The samples are substantially like the documents you will be required to sign. Hard copies of each of these samples are available upon request.
Number of Applicants
The following information is available upon request: the number of applicants who apply to adopt yearly.
Number of Children Eligible for Adoption
It is impossible for ABI to predict the number of children eligible for adoption in either the US or foreign countries. There are various estimates on the number of orphans in the world, many of whom are not necessarily eligible for adoption. There are an unfathomable number of children for whom adoption would present an opportunity for a loving and nurturing family. It is possible to look on the State Department website to explore the number of children issued an adoption related immigrant visa to enter the US on a year-by-year basis.
Upon request, ABI will disclose the current number of waiting children we are aware of as being eligible for adoption through our agency for each country where we work.
All Blessings, Inc., is strongly committed to the privacy of our web site visitors. The purpose of this site is to provide you with education and information regarding adoption services and humanitarian/mission-focused opportunities through our agency.
This site is the sole property of All Blessings, Inc. Any use or reproduction of any part of our site requires written permission from ABI and is considered an unauthorized copyright infringement if you do not have our permission in writing.