Taiwan is a beautiful island comprised of mountains, farms, cities, and beaches, all of which can be seen while riding on the high-speed rail.
TAIWAN ADOPTION PROGRAM
Adoptive Parent Qualifications
- Married, heterosexual couples between ages 25 and 55
- Must be 20 years older than the adopted child
- Couples must have been married for 5 years (it is possible to be accepted with 2-4 years of marriage if the couple can prove they were in a long-term, committed relationship prior to marriage)
- No more than one divorce per adoptive parent
- No more than 3 children already residing in the home
- Must be healthy or only have minor health concerns
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED
No alcohol/drug abuse or criminal violations within the past ten years
Timeline and Travel
Referral and Adoption Process
During the home study process, ABI will also be working with your family to complete a packet for Cathwel. This will include photos of your family and a birth parent letter. On occasion, birth parents in Taiwan are part of the matching process with Cathwel. Your family will be chosen based on non-identifying information that will be included in your packet. If a birth parent is not part of the matching process, Cathwel will work to make the best possible match for your family. Your family will receive all available photos, videos, and social and medical history of the child.
The next step in the Taiwan adoption program is the Dossier. It is a compilation of documents that require various seals at different levels of government. ABI will provide adopting families with exact directions to prepare their dossier. Don’t be overwhelmed – we’ll help you with this, and ABI will even manage dossier preparation and domestic and international mailing! Once your dossier is ready to submit, your documents will be reviewed and prepared to enter Taiwan’s legal system when you have accepted a referral.
After returning home with your child you will be required to complete five post-placement reports for the Taiwan adoption program. These reports will be required 1, 6, 12, 18, 24, and 36 months following your child’s placement. Once these have been completed, you will be required to submit self-authored reports while your child is between 4-18 years of age. Eight photos are to be included with each report. These must include at least one photo of the child with the parent(s) and two photos of the child.